Infuse Your Holiday: Cooking With Cannabis
Does a boosted level of stress begin to catch up to you over the busy holiday season? Perhaps you need a lift? If that’s the case, what better time to start cooking with cannabis!
Infused foods are a great alternative to consume without smoking. Better yet, you don’t need any specialty kitchen aids to get started making tasty creations sure to give your tastebuds (and mind) a buzz. All you need to get started is your favorite recipe, a little knowledge about proper dosing, and some time to experiment.
If you’ve ever considered infusing cannabis into your food but unsure how to start, might we suggest it’s time you explore Ripple. Ripple allows you to make anything an edible. Ripple is a product that dissolves thoroughly into any food or drink you plan to prepare this holiday. Ripple is formulated without any “hashy” aftertaste so it’s the perfect THC additive to blend into your favorite meal or beverage.
Ripple is fast-acting and water soluble. Clinically proven to enter your bloodstream within 10-minutes, the quick onset is helpful in delivering the intended effect without the typical lag of most edibles. The solubility of Ripple means that it will dissolve into any food without the need to first infuse your oil or butter.
Simple and effective! So let’s get started. If your sweet tooth is on the prowl this holiday, try this incredibly tasty, adults only, Infused Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping recipe. Grab a mixing spoon and have fun infusing this year’s dessert with some extra cheer.
(8) 10mg packets of Ripple (Assumes 8 equal servings of cheesecake. Adjust up or down based on your tolerance)
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup white sugar
⅓ cup butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 cups sour cream
⅓ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup white sugar in a bowl; stir in butter. Press crust onto the bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the side of prepared springform pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven until set and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Stir pumpkin, cornstarch, 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg into cream cheese mixture. Gradually beat in evaporated milk and eggs until just blended. Now mix in your packets of Ripple and blend evenly throughout mixture; pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven until center is almost set, 55 to 60 minutes.
5. Combine sour cream, 1/3 cup white sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Spread sour cream topping over cheesecake and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour then refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove sides of pan; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Of course, when you’re dining on a mountain of food (which tends to happen around the holidays) you’re going to need something to wash it down with. But this season, let’s skip the alcohol hangover without having to forgo the mellow relaxation you’re seeking. Instead, try a Keef mixed mocktail.
Keef brands their products as “Exclusively for Everyone” which is fitting this time of year when friends and family blend together en masse. Keef beverages bring together familiar flavors with a THC twist. Their line of specialty drinkables are great for drinking straight, but might we suggest creating your own signature cannabis cocktail this holiday season? Check out this simple and refreshing holiday sangria recipe. Isn’t it time you offer something creative with your drink selection?
Sangria – Version II (20 mg)
– 1 Can Orange Kush Keef Classic Soda
– 1 Capful Cranberry Lime Life H2O
– Cranberry Juice
– Sliced apple
– Sliced orange
– Cinnamon sticks
Instructions: Add ice and fruit into a large pitcher. Pour in both Keef beverages. Top the rest of the way with cranberry juice. Add in 2-3 sticks of cinnamon and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and rosemary